Thursday, July 22, 2010

Calm Relaxation Joy


I love love love cool summer mornings, cool summer nights and breezy days when the temperature doesn't top 73. Laying in a hammock looking up at the leaves and branches above while they gentle sway in the trees, feeling the cool breeze as it brushes over me. Beautiful! It's the perfect napping place! This joy inparticular occurs at my parents house and we had a great day in June that was by far one of my favorite relaxing days in a long time! To top it off, I surrounded by my family who are normally spread out hundreds of miles away from each other.

I have started this blog as a way to encourage others to find the joys in their own life. These days we are so busy with work, running errands, car pooling, raising our children. We often forget to take a break, step back and enjoy what is going on around us. Any complaining about your busy schedule or whining about the lack of perfection in your life with make to blind to some many wonderful things, no matter how big or small these things are.
No one or thing can make you happy. It is up to you to decide if you want to be a happy person each day.

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."

So when you are getting ready for your day each morning, look at yourself in the mirror and decide; Am I going to be happy today, or Am I going to let any bumps I encounter in my day pull me down?

No comments:

Post a Comment